Wednesday, May 19, 2010

We are back home


My surgery went well. I ended up with a gummybear(410)implant and a breast lift and reduction of 3oz.- so I lost some weight finally...lol. The implant feels so much better that the tissue expander!
I am feeling pretty good, but my left breast really hurts. They cut around your nipple and down the bottom- ouch!

My 3oz. gets sent to pathology- to get checked out. Dr. M said it looked good.

I took my one Xanax before surgery so I wouldn't be too nervous.

It was really hard walking into an operating room with 5 men and a woman. I had to walk in bald, no make-up, no jewelry, and 20lbs over weight! It was humiliating- I thought before I had to go in there - gee what will make them think I even give a crap what my boobs look like so I painted my finger nails, but my mom said she didn't think I was allowed and do remember that but I was desperate to have something like looked girly. So the only think I thought of was my toenails- I kept the polish on. When you get there to the hospital you are given a locker and remove everything! They then give you a gown and robe and socks.......so I thought all hope is lost- I better just tell them when I get in there that I'm a work in progress- so I did that as best I could and they were super nice. I had to take my gown down for get marked up while they all stood there...the female nurse was super nice to hold my robe over my butt. The other guys did look away except for the fellow who is there to learn.

The BEST part was they had to take my sock off to put a monitor on my toe and the guy when he took my sock off goes: "NICE". I thought finally my girly stuff shows! Bless his heart.

So we are home- Rob is taking care of my drain. Mom is taking care of Lucas. Pat brought Karl back home. Dad is resting from driving all over.

I'm making doc appointments and looking for a place to stay in NY for Rads. I'm also spending the day setting up my exercises and food menus.

Thank You JENJEN- the package was waiting for me when I got home- you are awesome. I'll post a pic later! I don't know how you do everything you do.

Thanks everyone for praying for me. I love you

D

3 comments:

Sista B said...

Glad things went well and you are home and off to a new start! You know, without your girly stuff you have your beautiful smile, personality and laughter that make you who you are and that is why you are so loved. I hope you can stay positive - brighter days are here and things will only get better.

Love you,
B

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I am glad everything went well. Take it easy and take care of yourself! Sending you good thoughts and prayers.

You are beautiful!

XOOX
Jen

Anonymous said...

Hi Danielle,
I am so glad to hear you are back home and doing well. Please take good care of yourself and let everyone pamper you! You are SO beautiful, Daniele.... both on the inside and out! Remember that. I will continue to pray for you. And...you still inspire me more than you know!
Love,
Jackie