Saturday, May 1, 2010

This is where the Healing Begins

Rob's parents gave me a great pink album to put all my journey pictures in

I had a great time going to mom's the night after my last chemo. My close family came and it was good food and just plain sweet.




Connie brought muffins and bread. She even had them in the shapes of bees and dragonflies and the muffins even had little flowers on them. Connie always called and checked on me and drop off goodies.



A lot of little ones






Mom made what I asked - Eggplant Parmesan.......we also had red pepper slaw, salad and homemade chicken soup! Yum everything was so good.






My mom and dad had a local jeweler create the ring I had posted on my blog......I love this ring! Emil did a beautiful job! I wear this ring with honor for it will represent the healing of my life.
I LOVE IT!


The jewelers website can be found HERE
Emil's Jewelry Design

Lucas and Rob presented me with certificate:

Becky bought me a beautiful plant and they boys made me a bracelet.


Nolie made me a great picture- 2 actually. I know he puts his heart into his artwork.

The Pauline children also made me a expandable card with each of their art work. My godson drew a picture of me with a gun shooting a gross ball and it said- YOU MURDERED THAT CANCER. Natalie drew a sunshine and rainbow and under the rainbow was garden of carrots and radishes. How sweet. Ben did a huge amount of glitter.
Love those kids!
It was great fun

2 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I'm so glad you did something to celebrate. What a fun party! I love the album and that ring is just gorgeous!

Congratulations my sweet friend. I am so glad you are done with chemo. Yay! You are such a strong, amazing woman!

XOOX
Jen

Amy D said...

Hi D-

What a sweet way to celebrate with your family. I had tears just reading and looking at the pictures because it truly is a celebration of your journey, courage, and strength. I am proud of you!

Love you!!

Oh and congrats on that ring- how sweet!!! I know how much you loved it!