Friday, May 21, 2010

Drinking to Fight Cancer

Well- I'm trying really hard to set up my eating routine and it is going to take some time!
Let's start with cancer fighting drinks:

WATER: ALL DAY LONG
Filtered Tap through a carbon filter
Reverse Osmosis-BEST
Mineral
Water with Lemon - great for colon. Have one first thing in the morning!
Also try- thyme, sage, tangerine, or orange rind


RED WINE: (resveratrol) 1 GLASS a DAY :)
Resveratrol- protects healthy cells against aging, It also slows the 3 stages of cancer- development, initiation, promotion and progression by blocking the action of NF-kappa B.


GREEN TEA: (EGCG) 3TIMES A DAY- Breakfast, Lunch and Night Cap
(EGCG-the stuff that reduces the growth of new vessels needed for tumor growth and mets.)
How to prepare- steep for 10 minutes! And Drink with in the HOUR...for *best benefits!
BEST: JAPANESE GREEN TEA (Sencha, Gyokuro, Matcha...)


GINGER ROOT INFUSION: AS YOU CAN
To make- cut a small piece of ginger (about an inch) and slice it. Steep it in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Can be drunk Hot or Cold!
Ginger- antiinflammatory- even better than Vit E


Also- I am juicing most mornings! This morning I did a green smoothie....who said GREEN SMOOTHIES CAN"T BE CUTE.......



I'm feeling good.... very sore at times but I'm healing!

Hair is coming back on my head!
My nails really show the progress of health....see the line of renewal?



I got my id card for my implant- just another way to identify me


Things are starting to get a little bit back to normal- Dinner together-
Dinners together are sweeter than ever!


I had such a great trip with my dad last time to NY- we had a great dinner together and it was peaceful and so nice. I hadn't gotten to do that very much with my dad and it was nice.
Mom and I walked yesterday and that was also special.
Last night Rob and I looked at a house together and it was wonderful so be doing something other than cancer...something for our future.
Drove Lucas to school this morning and I was never so happy to be up at 5am to drive him to school like the other parents. I am really learning to treasure every moment. Looking at his blue eyes across the car - it just doesn't get any better than that. God is so good to me.
Tonight we are going to a cancer survivor dinner.... Stinks I have to drag a drain along! I get to see one of my favorite survivors- Betty!
Thanks for all the support and prayers!
I LOVE YOU
D

2 comments:

Amy D said...

Oh I love you D and am so thankful you are feeling well and feeling some normalcy. Great post......I felt your happiness and strength in reading it!!! Oh and that green drink did look yummy!!

Love ya
Amy

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Your green juice is cute - looks good. I am glad you are feeling better and are able to take your son to school again. You are a strong, beautiful woman!

XOOX
jen