Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's been going on..................
Well since my last post...I had some down days. I called some friends and got some tips and support. I missed my Look Good Feel Better appointment b/c I just couldn't get going quick enough.
Thank goodness for Vicky and Liz who helped me through some downer days...
Words of Advice:
"It does get better"
"Just keep your life as normal as possible and work around your good days"
"Do your nails in fun bright colors to brighten yourself up"
"This part does suck, but it's worth it"
"Tell your doctor and see what he can do"
And my sweet mother bought me this.........................

I love my Ipod and now I can plug it in here while I do my make-up which will now get more minutes of my day! - I LOVE it!

I have put together a little jewelry kit to do when I can't do much! So that I don't just sit and stare out the window. I'm no jewelry making expert, but it will keep me busy.One small project done for sweet little Sabrina xx I'm really excited to try venison. I'm so lucky a friend gave me some to try. I love meat, but my cancer was hormone positive so I'm scared of some meat out there. My friend even gave me tips on preparing it, so I'm excited. They packaged it so nice for me.

Here's the recipe:
1. Retro Crockery Kettle
(mom's old crock pot)

2. 1 Bottle DinoBBQ sauce

3. 1 Yummy looking piece of Venison

So tonight I'll eat my venison with baked potatoes and some of this Yummy Veggie side (my mom-in-law makes this best, but I gave it a shot this morning)
Eating had been different. Certain things just couldn't be eaten and I craved other things. Water at one point grossed me out where I didn't think I could swallow it. A sweet woman gave me the tip of adding a little juice or drinking flavored waters.....Oh and mashed potatoes with chicken broth on it!!! I loved that. I wanted pudding, but I had heartburn so that was a no. A few nights I would suck on FLAVOR ICEE sticks before bed. Tums on the bed stand a must and Rob chatting for a while before I could actually fall asleep.
I missed church on Sunday and didn't like that. I got to see my whole family for dinner on Sunday and that was real nice. I wish I was feeling better, but it was good anyways.

For the most part I did very well and I was lucky I didn't have any major problems.

My sister-in-law made me my favorite soup and brought it for me at lunch today!
Nicole's Beef Barley and Strawberry RiceKrispy Treats....yummy
Look what else she brought:
BENJI
SAMMY

I have so many great friends! Thanks for all your help and support. I love you all!

2 comments:

Sista B said...

Dearest D - so sorry to hear you're not feeling well and having some down days. But it looks like you've prepared yourself with some fun stuff do to on the not so good days and others are helping you boost your spirits. Perhaps the upcoming sunshine in the forecast will boost your spirits as well.


With love, hugs and prayers.
Becky

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Danielle --
I've been thinking of you. Hang in there cute girl. I love the bracelet you made. Beautiful! I love making jewelry -- such good therapy.

How nice of your mom - that is a really cool little makeup center! Sending you prayers and hugs!

XOXO
Jen