Sunday, January 24, 2010

2 Haircuts 2 Days

So I originally was going to get a hair cut to match my wig. I did that on Friday and it wasn't bad at all. As I got to thinking about the whole thing and how much I dreaded the whole hair thing I thought about trying a short haircut. It's one of the few times I can actually just try anything being that it was going away soon. So in the end I guess I did find myself a way to enjoy this otherwise sucky situation.

Cut 1
Went to my usual salon
My girl wasn't there so I had a really young girl who happens to have a mother who is a cancer survivor. Very sweet girl. I showed her my wig and this cut is similar enough for me. The best part was when I was leaving the girl said she would pray for me.


Cut 2
Walked into a salon at the mall and had just anyone do it.
Didn't care for the way she cut hair, but it was a cut and it was cheap.
So in the end it wasn't too bad. I'm sure that this week when my hair falls out I will be a bit (a lot) down, but it's worth it.


Dear Hair

I'm sorry to see you go. You have never caused me any grief and I could always count on you to make me look good. I have no complaints! I could always count on you to do your part whether it was taking a perm, color or teasing you did it all. I'm giving you some much needed time off for good behavior. I will miss you terribly, but I'll be OK!
I love you and I'll see you on the other side of treatment!
Your Dearest
Danielle
xx

4 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Danielle -
You look so cute both ways! How fun to be able to just try anything!

I will be thinking about you this week. I hope everything goes well.

((hugs))
Jen

Sista B said...

I LOVE LOVE the second cut! It looks so fresh and fun and brings out your beautiful facial features.

I hope things go well for you today ... I'll be thinking of you.

Love, B

Anonymous said...

You look GREAT. The haircut really does bring out all your beautiful features, Danielle. I hope you are doing well.....you know you are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Danielle said...

Thank girls. Wasn't sure about the short one, but it wasn't too bad.
You guys are great to me.
Love you
D