Sunday, January 24, 2010

2nd Treatment Done



Well treatment #2 is done-now we do the whole cycle and get ready for the #3.

I dreaded this treatment because I will lose my hair, but I couldn't have a better send off for treatment. My weekend before treatment started with Friday night Rob taking care of Lucas for me while I stayed home and nursed my cold. Nursing my cold consisted of prayers, bread and butter with yummy OJ, laundry and Lipstick Jungle repeats. I got to bed early and felt good Saturday morning.

Saturday afternoon we celebrated my Godson Joey's 1st Penance(confession) and we all went to confession. That felt good. So we spent time eating and visiting with my brother and sister-in-law's family which is always fun.

Thanks Joey, Joe, Nicole and Family!
Thank you Father K

After that we were invited to a friend's house for dinner.
Since meeting Rob I've meet so many great people. Dean and Mary have been great friends to us not to mention an inspiration of what a couple should be. They were so kind to invite other wonderful friends. My cancer angel Vicki was there with her husband and Rob was so happy to meet Dave. Many times through all this Rob had hoped to meet someone who may have been through what he went to and he found that in Dave.


We were feed yummy food, given hugs, encouragement, advice and gifts. We felt loved. I felt good about my next treatment knowing we have so many people and prayers behind us.

I loved getting flowers


And they couldn't come at a better time as I was about to replenish my Blessed Mother's flowers.

This was also a great idea......If we plant these flowers now they will bloom as I am completing my treatment. What a great idea. I love paperwhites! Another gift I received was from Linda's mother who is a breast cancer survivor of 14years. She gave me the above angel and nice card. I wish I could take a better picture, but she is gold and I'm not the best photographer. I was able to call Betty to thank her and she was wonderful to me and had great advice. I'm planning on paying her a visit next week.

Thank you so much to Dean, Mary, Vicki, Dave, Brian, Linda, Betty, Bob, Barbara

Lastly Sunday we attended mass as a whole family. I got to say my prayers.


Then I seen my doctor friend and she had a couple gifts for me and more advice. She reads and attends talks on cancer and she fills me in on what she hears. The latest thing she mentioned was a doctor doing research on cancer needing a niche in the body and she mentioned on taking a dose of aspirin every other day. This can not be done during my treatment. Being it needs a niche means keeping "the house" (my body) clean is important. No junk food, Fruit and Veggies, Water, Deep Breathing, Exercise, and 1 BM a day ;)

Thank you Doctor

My parents took me to treatment this time so Lucas could stay home with Rob. Lucas needs a little extra so we tried that out. Next time Rob and I will be going. It was nice going with my parents. My mom helped me pick out some head stuff. My mom also got to meet the doctor and stayed with me during my treatment which you will be happy to know didn't include running for a barf bag. Yeah! It was a long day and I'm blessed my parents would do that for me. We love you mom and dad and Thank you.

Lucas is doing good and almost done with Basketball. He is a typical teen. I know he worries about me, but we keep loving him and explaining that everything is going to be ok. I love him sooooooo much.

Thanks to all my ususal angels who constantly check on me with notes, phone cals, texts, and cards.

Leann, Becky, Amber, Pat, JenJen, Jackie, Nikki, Lori, Julia, Joyce, Tim, Carrie, Connie, Cindy, Vinny, Gina, Kristin, Sherry,Krista, Amy, Tracey, Liz, Nicole, Danielle, Maureen, Mariann, Carol, Marical, Barbara, Jeanie, Katie, Colleen, Mommy, Faith, Danielle~~~~These girls and guys are constantly checking on me with texts, cards, gifts and phone calls! Plus they are always praying for me :)

Thanks again everyone~~~~~~~

ps still have my hair

No comments: