Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'm back at home!

No I didn't :) but it was fun to look
Dylan's Candy Bar
New York City

1011 Third Ave
New York, NY 10021
Subway: N, R, W, 4, 5, 6 to 59th St/Lexington Ave
Store Hours:
Mon-Thurs 10 AM – 10 PM
Fri & Sat 10 AM – 11 PM
Sun 10 AM – 9 PM

Well I had a good time of my 1st two treatments.  I did get a little anxious on the 1st one... my breathing got really heavy and I was afraid that any second I would get yelled at.  Especially after they take all this time to  place me just so- but they never yell and they are always very nice to me.  I was assigned a certain machine/room and that will be the machine I use for all 25 treatments.  I believe the techs will usually be the same too.  There are about 4 techs waiting when I get to the room and they are all guys/boys.  The youngest happens to be from Binghamton so that's nice.  I always were my cross into the room and take it off while in the room that way there is always a crucifix with me in the room.  There are lockers and they will have you take your cross off, but I wear mine till the last minute.  There's nothing painful about the radiation treatment, but there's a weird feeling you get when it's time to shoot you up and everyone leaves the room.  All in all it's fine for now.  I understand it will accumulate in my body and eventually may burn and make me tired.  I apply lotion 2x a day and I'm hoping my implant stays good!   The schedules are a little hard at times, but they try their best AFTER you let them know exactly what you need.

The room I'm staying at in the city happened to be on the 5th floor- NO elevator!  There was no way we could continue to truck up and down the very old narrow steps so after pleading and pleading we were moved to the 2nd floor of another building.  You see they showed us one room when we went to see the place, but them gave us a different room when we arrived.   Mom and I were very relieved and super tired from moving everything from the 5th floor in one building to the 2nd floor in another building.

The city was very hot and busy.  At first I don't really like to be there, but I then start to like it again.  I did miss my bed though.  One day while in Bed Bath and Beyond we kept seeing things about bed bugs and finally asked the boy at the register after seeing a travel size bottle at the check out. 

ME: Are there such things as bed bugs around here?
BOY: Yes    
BOY:  OH YEAH, but it's not bed bug season.  Bed bug season is in the fall.
ME:  Were you ever bit by a bed bug?
BOY: YEAH, I didn't know for sure what it was so I looked it up on-line and it was.  You know they are bed bugs because they will leave a line of bites.
MOM:   We better get that spray

So when we get back to the room............we didn't go near the bed until we were too tired to care AND we put on new sheets and mattress pad.

The trip was good- SO HOT!  My eating was decent, but I could have made some better choices I suppose.  My mom is great to travel with because she knows I am trying to get back in shape.  We walked a lot.  I mean that's like all we did is get up leave and walk all day.  The food is great in the city, but next week I will bring and buy some groceries so we can eat in.  One thing that was really nice was a diner called the RITZ- they had fresh squeezed spinach, celery and carrot juice- YUM.   Next week I will have my VitMixer with me.  The Ritz was also open 24hrs- nice to know.  They were very nice there and clean.

I was reading about fiber while there and I can't believe all the fiber we are suppose to eat in one day.  When I post about the cancer fighting veggies later I will also make note of the fiber info I found!  Fiber is very important to digestion and if you are trying to lose weight and keep fit it's a must.  My mom and I went over a few days of what we ate to see how much we had and it wasn't good.  If we ate all the fiber we should have we would have been too full to eat much else.

I really need to start exercising my arms.  At night I'm having some problems getting comfortable and I think I am tensing up while I sleep.   Some mornings I wake up and my arms are asleep- or just plain hurting.

I have so much to do before leaving again Monday morning.

Well I was going to post how I made my crown for my Blessed Mother so here it is

Floral wire

3 Pieces- eye ball how much you may need to go around your Blessed Mother's head 

          Braid them like you would hair

Make sure you have decent spaces to fit flowers and the spaces are easy enough to adjust to different size flowers. 

Adjust it to fit your Blessed Mother's head

Pick your flowers from your yard or while walking

Poke them in the wholes in the crown you've made. 

Well I must run and get all my stuff done.

No comments: