Thursday, February 28, 2013

NYC

 
I fell in love with this goat creature- it's like he was looking right at me.  :)
 
Well you go to NYC and something very sneaky happens to you
 
YOU GET INSPIRED!
Even if you are not an inspiration junkie- It's happens to you and you may not even realize it.
 
I walked a lot when I was in the city, because that's the best way to window shop, and relieve stress before going to my doctor appointment.  I snapped a couple of pictures on my travels and realized that I was inspired by some things I seen.
 
 
This was the incredible view of the Hudson River from our 29th floor suite at Trump SoHo!
SoHo- stands for South of the Hudson.
Anyway-
The water is so beautiful and blue and I love it with all the grays and beige- it made me appreciate all the blue denim and beige I seen when browsing in Zara's 5th Avenue shop.
 
I loved this scarf- but boy was it pricey!
Notice the shoes with the jeans.....love it!

 
and seeing all the black pumps with boyfriend jeans made me LOVE the look of boyfriend jeans with black pumps
 
 
I only made 1 clothing purchase and it was this one
 
As you know shopping on 5th Avenue can be just not something you want to do, but getting inspired is free and you can always create your own similar look for a price you feel comfy with.
 
like this out fit for example
 
 
Here's what I found similar- to try and recreate the look: 
Sweater Target
 
Shorts

 Shoes Target- have these- LOVE them!
Shirt Forever21

 
 
I love this statue at Grand Army Plaza
                    Here at 59th Street and Fifth Avenue are the Pulitzer Fountain and the Golden statue of William Tecumseh Sherman who was a United States general in the American Civil War
(1861-1865).                  
 
 
 
 
Gold statue and green grass may have been my inspiration and thirst for Gold shoes and this Green army-like button jacket!
 
I also love this jacket from Kmart

 
with these adorable shoes - also Kmart
 
And after seeing the beautiful flowers you can see either in your hotel or on a street corner you just can't help but love and crave the bright colors of summer to come!!
 
 Also loving these shorts- Kmart

with these shoes from Aldo
Just walking around Anthropologie get's the juices flowing to create something fun for Spring.
 


 
 
I just love window shopping in NYC!!
I stayed right near Rockefeller Center so I was right around the corner from 5th Avenue
 
How cute are these?


 
I wish Rob would wear these shoes.
 
And how about this men's lapel pin- an Anchor- I LOVE IT!!!
 
Ted Baker London
 
 
 



 
And the most peaceful place- I was so blessed to stop there after my appointment and it was amazing!
 
  
 
On this trip I had stayed with Rob at the Jewel right near Rockefeller Center and right around the corner from 5th Avenue.  I could see St. Patrick's Cathedral from my room window!!!  It was a great little hotel to stay at!!!
 
 I was so happy to attend Sunday mass at St. Patrick's Church
 
And it was a great appointment with my doctor and good blood work numbers!
 
 

No comments: