Saturday, March 2, 2013





So here we go.....a little home discussion
This poor guy
He's working with a real challenge
She LOVES everything
She's a scatter brain
She's so afraid he's going to mess up the kitchen
She gets snippy
Sometimes he just needs a break 
I'm draining - I know!!!

OK

So I love white and I love open cabinets
Rob says:  You don't want open cabinets
as he opens up one of our cabinets in our kitchen now
and says:
You want to look at this?

Bar stools at kitchen island // "The 2009 Kitchen of the Year with Ina Garten" // Photo: Sean Sullivan/House Beautiful
This is the 2009 House Beautiful Kitchen of the Year.  I adore it.
Notice the open cabinet and coffee station.

Danielle:  Well I won't be having that cabinet open to view

I'm loving that some items are easy in reach, but our kitchen will not be big enough for this.  I'm actually looking at a kitchen plan that has only so many cabinets up top the rest will be lower cabinets. 
Something I can't picture- as usual.
small appliance station
As I look through things I've become obsessed with a coffee/beverage station.
We could really use a beverage station as on the weekend and even mornings we are brewing something and I'm hoping to have my juicer near by.

Rob doesn't like this idea either.

Anyways anyone could make there own beverage station and if you have one of those cool soda makers like my bro you could have an awesome soda station.  I'm definitely not promoting a
station, but if you have it and like it that would be cool.
If you click on the picture you can read a post from DIYbyDesign- cool blog!

DIY by Design: How to Create a Coffee Bar

Come on I love this

coffee station

Another trend I've been seeing around is this chandelier with a shade around it.  
 I'm sure you could create your own.

OK - are these the most awesome cups you've ever seen.....I'm drooling.  I love them.


So Rob is very scared because I'm a very visual person and the computer has so many images he's a afraid I guess I will be disappointed with our end kitchen.  I've never been a big brand name type of person because I honestly just can't afford name brands unless I catch them some where on sale or something.  BUT that doesn't mean I don't love the looks of them I actually love many brand names.  Ever since I was a little girl I've been looking at things.  When I was a girl I was obsessed with Vogue and all things fashion, but being a small girl it wasn't like I was able to go out and purchase a lot of the things I seen so I made do.  I would often cut out a picture and copy best I could what I liked.  This was not only more fun than just going out and buying something is was creative and fulfilling when I finally pulled something off. 

I'm assuming I can do the same now- just as Walmart copies JCPenny's copies Macy's copies Bergdorf's- it all trickles down from the Runway.  It's the same with housewares I'm sure of it.  So I will continue to look at ridiculous pictures and translate them into what we can afford. 

Be not afraid dear husband- I may be draining, but I know what looks good and how I want to work in my kitchen.  :)



I love Rob and I will certainly not be disappointed with anything in our home- I've never been that type of girl.  I am the type that wants to cook many yummy meals and fill many bellies!!!

So far we are surviving the "kitchen negotiations"........stay tuned.

No comments: