Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Veggie Wedgie Wednesday



Cauliflower and it's good friend turmeric

Cauliflower and turmeric are very yummy together and yesterday at my mom's we made some and it was soooo good.
When we make it we just use Olive Oil, Turmeric, Black Pepper, and Sea Salt:
Recipes do need to be tweaked at times

The turmeric gives such a nice golden color to the cali
I also made asparagus last night with this recipe:

Well Lucas wouldn't eat it because of the lemon zest so NOTE to ME- skip the lemon zest!
I thought it was good -super easy to make and there sure is a lot of asparagus at our grocery store.



The above link at Tastespotting has a recipe for cauliflower pictured above and some great information on the benefits of turmeric- AND when I seen Dr. Deng at Sloan he suggested I take a supplement of turmeric:
There are some very promising studies on turmeric and cancer!!!!!
Read up on turmeric there's other great stuff about this guy.



I take 1 -2x a day.   

No comments: