Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hope Prayer


I meant to post this sooner!

A couple weeks ago when I was very down, I came across this prayer card in a church in Connecticut. 

I felt so hopeless so this card was very special.

Message of Hope

Dear Lord

When I am worried,
send your gift of HOPE
to calm my fears.

When I am burdened,
send your gift of HOPE,
to lighten my load.

When I am lonely, send
your gift of HOPE to
brighten my day.

And when all seems
hopeless, send your gift
of hope to inspire me
and fill me with your love.

\
Here's the back of the card:

Saint Jude's Prayer

O GLORIOUS APOSTLE, ST JUDE THADDEUS, FAITHFUL SERVANT AND FRIEND OF JESUS, THE NAME OF THE TRAITOR HAS CAUSED YOU TO BE FORGOTTEN BY MANY, BUT THE CHURCH INVOKES YOU UNIVERSALLY AS THE PATRON OF HOPELESS CASES AND THINGS DESPAIRED OF:  PRAY FOR ME THAT I MAY RECEIVE THE CONSOLATION AND SUCCOR OF HEAVEN IN ALL MY NECESSITIES, TRIBULATIONS AND SUFFERINGS, PARTICULARLY (HERE MAKE YOUR REQUEST) AND THAT I MAY BLESS GOD WITH YOU AND ALL THE ELECT THROUGHOUT ETERNITY.
AMEN  

Well the truth is I'm not sure how I get in such a slump - I think it's mostly because I worry about cancer.  There is also the whole self image issues, but they are getting better and at times I have to just laugh. 

Going off my Zoloft has been very nice except that I was having some coping problems-BUT I still wasn't ready to trade back to the side effects no matter how stressed I got.
I am on something else really low dose and it seems better for me for now. 

Everyone gets in a slump I know, but my slumps aren't my normal slumps because they go deeper inside me.  I sometimes hate all I have seen, heard, or read, but at the same time I need the knowledge- WEIRD huh? 

All I know is right now I'm so happy and there is not much room for worry.  Thank you Jesus and everyone who prays for me. 

No comments: