Friday, December 4, 2009

Prayers

Well here's my St. Theresa story. A best friend sent me the St. Theresa Novena and I saved it until I was going for my 2nd surgery. I said it for the 5 days and the last day ended on the morning of my surgery. The whole thing about St. Theresa is that sometimes if you pray to her you will receive a rose. The rose can come in any form- scent, sight and so on. Well on the morning of finishing I then read from my wisdom book which opening quote was: "The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose"~Hada Bejar~

That made my morning.

I love praying to her and I am reading the book "The Life of a Soul" in which she talks about her life.


Here is the Novena if you are interested:
Five-day prayer

"St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the Heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love.
Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more."

Also say five Our Fathers, five Hail Marys and five Glory Be's, and pray everything on five consecutive mornings before 11 a.m. On the last day, add one more set of five Our Fathers, Hail Marys and Glory Be's.

Here is St. Theresa as a young girl

No comments: