Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Expansion #2

Had my second expansion and they put a little more in than last time. It felt tight this time, but not huge pain. It reminded me of breast feeding days when I couldn't nurse Lucas and my breasts were full. My doctor still thinks maybe 3-4 more times.

Going to the city is more fun around the holiday because it's all decked out. I wish I was in better spirits, because I would probably have taken better pictures.

We did manage to shop around a little.....well Rob tried some coats. I love this coat but not many guys around here where them. They look so nice with scarf, but Rob wasn't that into it.


Some days I struggle with fear. I know I should stop but I can't. This may be when I need to call a friend, but find it hard. I'm not as bad with the touching myself, looking for bumps and pains, so that's good. When you hear you have cancer you tend to keep thinking it's other places. I have definitely come a long way, but there are still tough days. Days that are bad I look for the sun outside, I pray, read or go to church.

While in the city we passed by 2 churches and went in.......
St. Bart's - I believe it may be Episcopalian
Rob really liked St. Bart's because it was just really moving in there. This angel was beautiful.

My favorite- St. Patrick's
I know not real original, but I love it because they do have a shrine for St. Theresa. You can light a candle, and they also have a relic of her.

Lucky us we got to see the manger- no baby Jesus yet!
Check out the camel- what a ham!



Here is a shot of my 2nd expansion- don't look if you don't like scars. This looks pretty darn good if you ask me. I took NO pictures before this fill. The darker skin on top is where I have extra skin to be stretched. They keep saying don't worry about the way it looks and at 1st I'm like "who cares?", but now I see what they are talking about. It isn't even- it's like a squishy water balloon is in there. Plus it's pretty big because they are creating a pocket and the more they have to work with the better. God bless Dr. M and his staff.

Thank you God for my beautiful cancer-free breast!
When I was first diagnosed a very smart women told me to repeat this at least 100 times a day.
Dr. Helene B Leonetti- she's pretty smart.

5 comments:

Amy D said...

Hi D- I think your breast looks great. It is amazing how far the medical field has come on the reconstructing phase. The fact that you posted that pictures just shows how much more stronger you are becoming and that you are "in charge", not the cancer!! I also think it is ok to have those days when you are down. It would seem to me that it would be apart of reinventing yourself as a patient of this cancer. Even with having some rough days, you are still fighting and growing stronger and more positive. As your friend I am proud of your bravery and courage,strength, faith, and love. All of those things mixed together makes a positive person taking charge.

Oh and Rob's face is priceless in that pictures!! I can just hear him saying something goofy about the scarf. I like those coats too. Keith has actually said he wants a fashionable coat similiar to that but a little shorter.

Take care- love ya
Amy

Sista B said...

Wow Danielle - I was truly shocked at how good it looks. What they can do these days is amazing. And I totally agree with Amy about your strength. You have put this cancer in it's place and reminded it who's in charge with great dignity. You go girl!

It's O.K. to have bad days - we all have them - and as long as we remember to thank God each day and be grateful for what he has given us, he will forgive us for those moments.

Yes, and Rob's face, that's a smirk I know very well and you captured it in a picture :)

I love how you tell your journey with cancer with such great faith -you are an inspiration to all of us.

Love you so much D!

Kristen said...

I love the way yoi tell your story if have quite a talent. I wish I could give you a big hug when you are feeling scared, or a hand to hold. Know that I am thinking of you often please stay positive it can make all the difference. The picture looks really good. Just to help with your future outlook we have so many little ladies that had a breast removed in our nursing facility so long ago and they have made it to be beautiful little old ladies just like you will! Much love cuz

Danielle said...

You guys are truely the best! I would never be able to do it without you. I'm so lucky.
I love hearing about old ladies with 1 breast- how wonderful. I have to keep thinging about wonderful things like that.

Tracy said...

I know it's trite, but I adore St. Patrick's. There is such a feeling there. And the Lady's Chapel, I think I could live there.

My prayers are with you on this journey. I think your faith and strength are inspiring.

Tracy