Monday, June 1, 2009

My BiG 40

Well....I wasn't crazy about my big 40 and when asked about a party I was sure I didn't want one. I did ask my husband if we could get our photo done in NYC by Wendy of Blue Lily. After blogging and looking at blogs I've fallen in love with photos, like everyone else. That idea was a no because of dates and stuff.

So other than that I was happy to celebrate my birthday with my family at my mom's.

Rob and Lucas told me they had something planned for the 3 of us. I thought we were going to a car show and then dinner...
BUT
Then on our way Rob told me he wanted to show me something; which he does a lot and it could have been horses, houses, trucks like usual....
BUT
Then he blindfolded me and, I was then thinking he bought some sort of vehicle or at least got me a tour of some big rig or something.
NOPE
SURPRISERob rented a mini-bus,van and we went to NYC for the day. PLUS he invited my mom and dad, his mom and day, my brother and his wife, his sister and her husband, and Lucas of coarse. I was shocked and so happy. To top it off my wonderful sister-in-law took pictures with her awesome camera. I couldn't ask for anything more. I was so touched that everyone took a day to celebrate my birthday. OH and we ate at my all time favorite restaurant; Angelo's in Little Italy. I still can't believe my whole family had dinner at Angelo's.

I had the best birthday ever!!! I am so lucky to have such a great family.

You will see that Becky takes wonderful pictures; makes me want to buy an expensive camera.


Becky gave me a gift bag of never ending money................I pulled a tag and bills, bills, and more bills! What a great idea.


And then my father-in-law entertained us at a rest stop. This is the exact spot where Rob proposed- Hotel Chelsea in Chelsea. Rob had planned for us to make a stop there.
My fav horse picture in the Chelsea. I love Rob so much! Becky - She's great! What an awesome picture.




This is one of my favorite pictures

Rob- looking good as usual!
There's Angelo's (green sign)
My father 1st took me to Angelo's on a trip to the airport and I have loved it ever since; I still order the same thing. Angelo's was owned my John Gotti's brother; so being I always had a crush on Mr. Gotti I really loved going there. My favorite thing to get there is the Spaghetti Puttenesca.
Rob and I try to go there anytime we are in the city.

It just so happened that St. Anthony's festival was going on in Little Italy.The Guys
The Gals
Rob my hero- dunked him! 2x
Joe and dad

Mom and dad
For some reason this picture of dad and mom reminds me of the book Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom. One of my all time favorite books, everyone should read it.
Aw
They had a lot of fun!

My other Mom and Dad!

Dad and Mom

It was awesome seeing Lucas enjoy the CITY! My Becky and Jason

We had fun

You can tell by my face - I had the best time ever.

I'm so grateful for these pictures!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
Happy Birthday!! Welcome to the 40Club. You are truly blessed with a wonderful husband and family!! Glad you had such a wonderful birthday!!
Jackie

Sista B said...

It was a great day and I'm so glad I was part of it. Glad I could be your camera girl for the day too! Remember you're only 18 with 22 years experience!