Friday, June 26, 2009

How does your garden grow?

So I couldn't possibly plant a garden and instead just planned on planting in containers. This was OK BUT there just isn't enough food!

As you can see in this picture I have chives, parsley, rosemary, thyme, basil and a banana peppers
And in another pot-a tomato plant
I didn't take a picture of my lettuce and swiss chard because they are in the yard under our tree. Lettuce is more delicate and needs not be directly in the sun path.

So when we go to eat something we pretty much wipe everything out except for maybe the herbs like rosemary, thyme, and parsley.

The other night we had our own tomatoes and our own basil-
Lucas and Rob alone can eat the whole plate so I fixed myself a bowl of store bought tomatoes and mozzarella cheese in which I ate over what little bit of lettuce we had left from our (container)garden
Rob and Lucas' looks more appetizing than my bowl. :(

This is one of their favorites- Caprese Salad.
So then browsing some of my favorite blogs I seen this


This is from blog: tatertotsandjello LOVE HER GARDEN!

It happens that Rob put up a privacy fence on the side of our house and made me planter boxes with the leftover fence pieces. I didn't even ask him to make me one! He made 2 of them for me. You can barely see the planters- one in the yard and the other right next to the back door.

This was the back area before the fence (we are still working on it)

Rob also painted the step for me!

I believe he was sick of pots sitting around. I was loving my pots and I really enjoyed painting them. It was relaxing to sit down at night and do a little bit of painting. I was inspired by this on another one of my favorite blogs- howaboutorange


I fell in love with this color. These are plastic containers she painted with a primer 1st! I have been slacking on my veggies but will get back on the wagon.



PS

Here'a that dress I bought at Walmart on clearance-
see you can find decent stuff at Walmart- perfect dress-
easy
&
gut well concealed! I hate trying stuff on and it's TIGHT!


Blogs I entioned:

http://tatertotsandjello.blogspot.com/search/label/square%20foot%20garden

http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-05-18T13%3A03%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=12

No comments: