Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Veggie Wedgie Wednesday

Potatoes and Soccer

Well I'm loving the song by Shakira
Waka Waka...........as it plays for you now
Waka Waka was the official song of the
 2010 FIFA World Cup which took place in Africa!
The last FIFA (2006) I remember watching in my parent's basement when ITALY took the cup.

This past World Cup I only seen once in a while staying in the city that is all they had on TV at every bar/restaurant.
Spain took the Cup 
And being I didn't do any Motivation Monday let me include this:
2010 Vanity Fair


 Soccer players very fit!
So back to my Veggie Dish inspired by Africa:

South African Inspired Potato Salad

A recipe from Linda Johnson. The carrots may not normally be added in a South African Potato Salad, but she adds them for color and nutrition.
(I may not use the tofu sour cream and vegenaise - might just use the "other" stuff to keep the fam happy.)

8 1/2 cup servings

4 cups potatoes, diced and cooked
1/2 cup carrot, fresh grated
1/4 cup chives, fresh chopped
1/4 cup tofu sour cream
1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/8 teaspoon turmeric
3 tomatoes, grape for garnish
1/8 cup fresh parsley, fresh chopped for garnish
Mix the sour cream, Vegenaise or miracle whip and all the seasonings together.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix gently until well blended.
Garnish with parsley and grape tomatoes. Chill in refrigerator until serving time.



No comments: