Tuesday, April 19, 2011

April 19th


Lincoln Tunnel 

This day will be forever important as a few others.  This is the date I was scheduled to be done with chemo and I looked forward to it!  My good friend Barbara was the best to teach me how to count down to my last treatment....keeping my eye on the prize.

Some days it seems like a blur.  I do remember every morning when driving down our road good old 369 I would want to cry.  I didn't really like getting the treatment- but I knew I was really blessed and I certainly didn't want to cry to Rob yet one more time.  I may have once, but I hope not more than that.
By the time we hit the tunnel I was make-up ready!

So 1 year ago today I took my last chemo treatment.  Cheers to Chemo........I could only hope to never do that again.  BUT if I have to I would gladly do it again and again to just be with my family.  I love them all so very much on this day.  I couldn't have done it without them.      

No comments: