Thursday, February 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Thank you for praying!

Well a while back I asked you to pray for my dear friend who was in the hospital fighting for her life....well I finally talked with her and it was great to hear her voice.  She is still in the hospital, but doing good for all she's been through.  I was really worried and prayed hard for her.

She told me that she did in fact code (die) for about 4 minutes when a mysterious doctor came in and saved her life.  And when she said mysterious she meant it- it seems no one knows who the doctor was- really!

What an amazing story! 

I continue to pray for her health and happiness.

I'm so thankful for the great weekend I had this past weekend.  I spent Friday night watching a friend's little girl compete in a gymnastic competition and she was a joy to watch. Saturday I spent with a girl friend and her 4 kids rollerskating.  Rollerskating with a 3 year old boy/girl (they are twins) was so cool.  Sunday we went to my parent's for the Superbowl.  My favorite part was spending all day Saturday/Sunday with Lucas.  I sometimes miss just him and I hanging out together like old days.  It's always good to have that one on one time to bond.

I'm just learning about St. Padre Pio (thanks to a friend) and very interested in his life.  I have given Lucas his metal and petition and he was really accepting of it.  I hope he finds comfort in prayer as I have.

      
St. Padre Pio preached to NOT worry.  (I believe children worry sometimes to them self)

"Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer."
The card I gave to Lucas also spoke of worry.

He has many beautiful quotes:

"Prayer is the best weapon we have; it is the key to God's heart. You must speak to Jesus not only with your lips, but with your heart. In fact on certain occasions you should only speak to Him with your heart."

"The longer the trial to which God subjects you, the greater the goodness in comforting you during the time of the trial and in the exaltation after the combat. "


"The life of a Christian is nothing but a perpetual struggle against self; there is no flowering of the soul to the beauty of its perfection except at the price of pain."

and Thank You Mimi!
Yesterday was the Anniversary of my grandmother's death- I miss you Mimi.  I hope you enjoy the rose. xo

No comments: