Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Veggie Wedgie Wednesday


Well it's getting nicer outside and it's time for yummy summer favorites.....................

Sunday night I ended up doing another- make everything I have in the frig for dinner- because I just didn't know what to make.  We had a couple of chicken dinners from the car show up the road so I really only needed some veggies and a starch.


Lucas loves roasted asparagus and it's just so easy......I love using Wegman's Basting Oil- it's good on lots of things!


I always have a few cans of chickpeas on hand so I quickly did a google search and found this RECIPE on bon appetit


I can never pass these up in the grocery store- I'm addicted to them!
All you need for these are red wine vinegar, olive oil and SeaS&CrackedP


For the starch I cooked up Veggie Delights (pretty sure that's the name)- It's pasta made from veggies.
I googled easy pasta sauces and found a few HERE
from Williams&Sonoma Blog

I ended up with the simplest
from the Italian Dish Blog


All these used very little ingredients- I must always have these things on hand:
Sea Salt
Olive Oil
Cracked Pepper
Vinegar- Red Wine and Balsamic
Garlic
Basil- Fresh
Parsley- Fresh
Lemons
Block of Cheese
Pasta/Rice
Chicken
Bread would be nice
I guess these would be my favorite staples
oh and milk for the BOYZ ;)

For leftovers the next day I added the asparagus to the left over pasta and it was yummy....could have even thrown in the chickpeas or chicken as well.
YUM

No comments: