Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pita Pizza

I love this super easy dinner- Pita Pizzas
I usually take a pita drizzle olive oil on it
cut up a tomato
cut up some fresh mozzarella (buffalo) cheese
top the pita with toms and cheese
sprinkle some Italian seasoning or just salt and pepper
put it under the broiler
pick some fresh basil leaves
the pita will brown fairly quickly
get it out of the oven and top with the basil
basil can't go under the broiler- doesn't taste good.


I looked around the web and found this low fat version:


Pita Pizza with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce and Mozzarella


YOU'LL NEED:

½ cup jarred roasted red peppers (in water, drained)

2 tsp. olive oil

1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar

1 whole-grain pita, split into 2 thin rounds

½ cup baby spinach

2 slices part-skim mozzarella

2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil

Preheat broiler. In a blender or with a hand blender, puree peppers, oil and vinegar until smooth. Spread on pita and top with spinach and cheese. Broil until cheese is bubbling, about 8 minutes. Top with basil.

Our garden is coming to a close- I finally picked all the tomatoes and pulled the plants out.  :(

My parsley, basil and rosemary are growing strong.  I love bringing in my parsley and putting it in some water so that when I need it is super fresh!  YUM.


it's alive
and will give you life

  



No comments: