Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Blessed Mother


It's been crazy around here and at times things so bad.  The weather has been bad for Rob's work and then all the flooding, it's easy to get down on things.

Rob has gone to mass during the day a couple of times- I believe looking for guidance.  He has a lot of faith and it's nice when he goes and comes back with something for me.

The other day he spoke of Father talking about the Blessed Mother; and the next time we think we have it so bad think about her.  Think about how she had to watch as they nailed her son to the cross.  

See I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic school right from 1st to 12th grade so I have a pretty good knowledge of my religion.  Rob on the other hand is learning more and more and asking me questions and sometimes I know the answer and sometimes I don't.  It's so refreshing to me and it keeps me up on my stuff.  It's nice we share what we learn with each other and there is always more to learn or more to remember that we may have forgotten.  Rob was so taken with the idea of the Mother watching her son crucified that he had to share it with me.  I am so blessed.

So today at the grocery store I bought flowers and was able to decorate my Mother Mary's crown with some pretty green buds.  I love her so much and I will keep her in mind when I want to complain or get down on things.     

Even if you are not Catholic you can relate to a Mother's love for her son and her son being put to death.  What incredible love she had to be there for him through it all.  Could I ever do that?  It's unbelievable.  



I love this prayer my mother told me about:

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

 

No comments: