Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Monday

I did do some Walmart shopping this morning - I'm so proud of myself. It's slow moving on the Christmas gifts.

Today I get my 1st fill which should be interesting. I have a metal plate attached to the tissue expander which has the expander opening. They will search for the opening with a magnet and then fill it. No I don't have an opening or anything so I guess they will stick me with a needle type thing. I may be sore after- like I have a real tight bra on.

I also meet with my surgeon and I do know my path report for the most part, but I am nervous. Results of any sort scare me - I thinks it's normal. I'm confused what pill I want to take this morning- anxiety or pain?

If anyone out there is wondering about my reconstruction check this out
You can follow her through her journey. She actually had both her breasts reconstructed.

I won't know about my chemo until I meet with my oncologist.

Lucas is going to be 13- and not a clue what to do for his bday. Ok- I may have a clue, like he wants a phone. What kind of party? Could go either way- boys, girls- fun- cool- too young- too old. I seen some pics of a party he went to boy/girl dance party and a boy had 2 hands on a girl's bottom while slow dancing.....oh no no no.....that's not happening. May have skipped that party if I had known. And yes there are pics on the Internet.
I'll come up with something.

Well I have to go do my exercises and pray. Someone at church said I was tough and I feel like a big baby at this moment. I'll have to turn up my 50cent tune- Get UP. I don't agree with this harsh music but it does toughen me up.
Another song I love when walking is Evacuate the Dance Floor. The one day I had my ipod on in the house after my walk and I was dancing like mad for who knows how long- while Rob was watching. That was funny....I'm starting to feel less stressed.


Here's a pic from Mardi Gras the last year before the flood. See how I can dance? I love the hand behind the head.....What a cheese ball. The guy? Rob was taking the pic. Yeah I know all those beads.....it's not what it looks like.

I have another St. Theresa story for next post. I continue to be blessed my her. I've come a long way, thanks to her.

I'm off.

1 comment:

amy said...

Lucas 13- holey moley!!! He's such a cutie and good boy!!

Glad to hear you are going to enjoy the holidays without having to worry about Chemo treatments. You deserve that time. Also glad to hear that everything went well with your fill.

Always in my thoughts!!

Love ya-
Amy