Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving~

SWell got the call this morning ALL the other nodes were negative for cancer cells! Thank you God, the saints and everyone praying for me.

I am so happy about that and feel closer to getting rid of this cancer.Thank you St. Theresa I love you!

Today is good. I'm so blessed to still pray hard and have help from above. When I think back to my St. Theresa prayers and the things I ask for they come to me. Like when I was at the hospital for my 2nd surgery I had the women in the store tell me that a mastectomy was nothing she had been through it. After that I had a man (a big jolly guy) tell me not to worry his wife had breast cancer 15 years ago and it will be ok. Then my nurse told me that "This is just a bump in the road.". At first I didn't think much of it, but then I thought of the prayer which contains this:

Little Flower, give me your childlike faith, to see the Face of God in the people and experiences of my life, and to love God with full confidence.

I work hard on this, but at times I struggle with my confidence. I only told my mom about one night having a feeling of Jesus telling my nodes were going to be clear. I didn't talk about it because of confidence I suppose. I only told my mom after they told me my nodes were clear. So then when I got the report that one was not I was thrown, not only because I didn't want any nodes to have cells, but because I thought for sure Jesus was talking to me it really hurt. This is where I believe my faith was tested. I thought about it a lot before today. At times I thought this is where Jesus was talking about clear nodes, but I still struggled with believing. I feel so bad not being so confident. I will continue to pray for confidence.
God was speaking to me through those people.


On another note I read every day from Daily Word for Women written by Colleen Zuck, Janie Wright, and Elaine Meyer. I love this book and recently read about Kindness:

I know that this is true for me: When I am kind to others, I am the first to be blessed.

This is because the kindness that I give to anyone must first move through me, and it does as a warm glow of love and acceptance emanating from God's spirit with me. Kindness immediately refreshes me with thoughts of what is highest and best.


That refreshing, relaxing feeling then moves throughout my body, relieving me of any stored tension, freeing my organs and muscles to function in perfect ways.

I may not think that everyone deserves my kindest thoughts, but I need to be blessed by them. For my own well-being, I express kindness that heals and refreshes me and all my relationships.

As hard as this is when I'm down I at least make sure I smile. Today when I was at the store I smiled at a guy and he said: "Thank you for that smile, it's so nice around Thanksgiving to see that and be thankful." Then he said, "God Bless You Princess".

It's going to be a great Thanksgiving. I know I have a way to go but it will be ok.

2 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Danielle, I am SO sorry I haven't been over for a while. I just read through your posts and saw what you have been going through. My heart goes out to you. I am so glad that your other nodes are clean - that is great news!!!

Two of my really good friends went through breast cancer last year and they are both doing great now. I will keep you in my prayers. I know you will beat this!

XOXO
Jen

Anonymous said...

this is such a beautiful post. Thanks for letting me see a glimpse of Christ in you :)