Thursday, December 6, 2012

I get by with a little help from my friends

This says it all!
Fix your eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen
What is seen is temporary
What is unseen is eternal
Thank you my dear friend

Well the holiday season is a great time of year, but that doesn't mean there aren't problems.  I was on a roll of keeping myself so busy that I almost forgot about cancer and my other problems.  They aren't major problems, but they do cause me stress and struggle.  So one thing I've learned is to ask for help and I'm blessed with some very special friends.  I spoke to B on the phone and she made me laugh and gave me positive vibes and emailed me a delicious salad recipe.


Spinach Salad with Strawberries
15 Min Prep. Portions-10

2 – 6 oz. pkg. Fresh Spinach
1 – Qt. Fresh Strawberries halved
1 – 2-1/4 oz. Pkg. Sliced Almonds
1 – 2 oz. Pkg. Slivered Almonds

Dressing:

1/2 C Sugar
1/4 C Cider Vinegar
1-1/2 teaspoon finely chopped onion
1/4 teasp Paprika
1/4 teasp. Worcestershire
1/2 C Vegetable oil
1 Tablsp. Poppy Seeds (Add last)
1 Tablsp. Sesame Seeds(Add last)
 
Do ahead if you wish: Dressing
Combine sugar, vinegar, onion, paprika and Worcestershire sauce
in blender. Process 30 seconds. Add oil and blend in seeds with
spoon. This can be done and stored ahead of time.

Toast almonds under broiler until light brown.
Spinach: Remove stems and wash – pat dry.
Tear into bite sized pieces.
Combine spinach, strawberries and almonds in large bowl.
Cover and Chill. This can be done several hours before serving.
Just before serving pour dressing over salad.


I then called another friend I know loves scripture.  I asked her to say a little prayer for me and then if by chance a scripture comes to mind- pass it on to me.  Well she did just that and it was absolutely perfect.  She had no idea what my problem was as I just left a voice mail.  Well she came through for me.  The scripture she chose to hand write, spoke right to my heart.  The above picture is the note she sent me.  She also sent me many other typed scriptures, but I know the handwritten one was special for me.  I love my friends and family.

So that being said- I've been thinking/praying a lot.  I just need something to sooth me - to keep me going with a happy heart.  I feel like my light is dim at times.  It's a constant fight I think we all go through?  Well God speaks to me in many different ways.  I don't always listen to Christian Radio and I don't know that I've ever listen to Joel Osteen preach before, but I have recently.

Joel spoke of this bible story concerning a military leader- Joshua.  He had a plan to win the battle, but he instead went on his faith in God and went with God's plan.

Here is a portion:


Joshua worshiped Him and listened carefully to the battle plan.  He spoke as if the city of Jericho was already won.  This surely strengthened Joshua's faith.  He was being told the future before it even happened by God!
This was the plan:  For six days the army would circle the city once while the priests blew their ram's horns.  The priests with trumpets went first, then the priests which carried the Ark of the Covenant, then the army.  The only sound would be the sound of the horns; no one could speak a word. Then on the seventh day, they would circle the city seven times in the same manner, and then when Joshua gave the signal, they would shout with a great shout. Then the walls would fall flat...

I can relate my struggles to this story because:

1. God spoke to Joshua as if the battle was already won- positive thinking is so very important.

2. These incredibly holy people were asked not to speak to each other- see if one of these dear people  weak and spoke of it - it would have spread to others.  The people were stronger united in silence with God as their God and provider. 

Keeping our eye on God and going to him is really a way to grow and heal.

and so that's my preaching for today!!!

I'm working to get ready for Christmas, but I think I'm getting a cold so I'm eating my oranges, taking Airborne and drinking lemon water.  I'm also trying to be more organized and I have to say getting my clothes together before hand really helps.  I'm actually wearing stuff I haven't worn in a while.  I often get stuck wearing the same old same old- cuz it's easy.

This week I took my Stella and Dot jewelry and based my outfits around them and today ended up like this:

Here's my jewelry from my party

and here's what I choose to wear with them
I haven't wore this skirt in a LONG time.

Ok- and how cute is this gift?
I'm in love! 

This post was all over the place, but I really wanted to get the information on God out there; because as time passes my mind gets busy and well the story just isn't as good.  And I really want to remember my God stuff. 
So have a Coke and a Smile :)
wish I could have one of these


No comments: