Monday, February 13, 2012

Purification Done

   

I wasn't as strict as I should of been, but the purification/detox was a good experience for me.  I would definitely do it again.....and will try to stick to the guidelines for "after".  I ended up losing 4 pounds- BUT most important I made some changes I'd like to stick to:

I hadn't had any soda in the 21 days
No coffee
No White Bread or Pasta
No Red Meat
Sugar was cut way back- I think I maybe had 1 mini cinnamon bun on Super Bowl Sunday (cheat day)
I drank a lot more water than I had been

Although the 1st couple of days were very difficult - I'm now having an increase in energy.  I think working out more has helped with that.

The program I used was Standard Process Purification and it lasted 21 days.  You can purchase it on Amazon or you can go on their website and you can be hooked up with someone to help you get started like a Nurse, Doctor, Homeopath, or Chiropractor.  You should check with your doctor.  I paid about $200 for the whole kit- but did see some kits for $185 on Amazon.   I still have product left that I can use in my shakes as I continue to try and maintain a better way of eating good food as opposed to processed.

One of the best things about the Purification was no feelings of bloat- my stomach actually felt smaller.  I slept great and hadn't had any bouts of IBS or other bathroom issues.  I do think my skin has also improved.  I don't crave bad stuff much at all and I actually crave good stuff like fruit, salads and even fish and I can even tell when my body wants more protein.  I would hate to go back on all that work and I really don't want to feel like I did those 1st couple of days as I was coming off of coffee, soda, sugar and whatever else they put in food that maybe we shouldn't be eating.

I hope I can continue on this path.

Thanks to Rob I have been to the gym 6 days a week!  Breaking a sweat everyday is HUGE for me.
Here is my workout schedule (part time job):
Monday: 20min. or at least 3 miles on elliptical- my goal is to do 3 miles in 20min. - I'm at 3miles in 23min
also I do Arms too.
Tuesday: same elliptical and Legs and 1 hour Pilates Class
Wednesday: same elliptical and Chest
Thursday: same elliptical and Back
Friday: same elliptical and Arms and 1 hour Pilates Class
Saturday: Zumba
Sunday:  Day off

I'm now onto Body for Life with the girls at the gym.....between us we lost 4 pounds in 5 days- there are 3-4 of us.  I'm doing the 6 small meals a day- somehow while incorporating what I learned in Purification.  :)
We also have 1 cheat day.

You can find Body for Life on the Internet with sample meal plans.  I'll post my meals another day.  Trying to get situated with simple meals while trying to have family meals as well.  It really helps at home that Rob and Lucas are both trying to eat better and exercise more.  Lucas is done with wrestling so he has some time to get ready for Lacrosse and workout on his own.  

Here's a healthier cupcake:



Vanilla Cupcakes from Shape Magazine
139 calories, 8 grams sugar, 6.7 grams fat One bite of these vanilla cupcakes will have your valentine wondering what makes them so light and fluffy! The surprising answer lies in navy beans, which are pureed with honey and vanilla extract to make these tasty, low-cal morsels.
Ingredients:
1 15 oz. can unsalted navy beans, rinsed and drained
5 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/3 c. coconut flour
Pinch of sea salt
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 tsp. baking soda
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, blend the first four ingredients together. Then add the last four, pureeing well. Pour into a lined cupcake tin. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a cupcake comes out clean. Frost with your favorite low-fat frosting.
Makes 12 cupcakes.

Tomorrow is my CHEAT Day - Valentines Day!!!!

No comments: