Friday, September 10, 2010

Back to School

A blast from the past.....when we were on our own

I'm not sure if Lucas has butterflies his 1st day back at school, but I sure do.  Last year at this time life was different.  What seemed to be starting off like a good school year ended up being very difficult.  This year I will be able to give Lucas my full attention!  No more driving to school in my robe and hat with sunglasses.  No more dumb questions from kids about why I wear a robe or why I cut my hair or comments about how different I look.  Kids are kids and that is fine, but I'm sure it made it difficult for Lucas.  He ended up with good grades, but not after some struggle in the middle.  I feel so bad for having put him through that last year, but it's over and we are so lucky.

I'm so happy for him.

He is getting so grown up.  I think his sauciness is settling down and he is learning to bite his lip more.  He has hopefully learned to be more grateful for all he has.  If not I will remind him.
He was so good about getting his school supplies and organizing them just so.  I love how he picks out his outfit.

I wish him the best year ever! And I'm so happy to be healthy and able to enjoy every minute of it.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Danielle
I love this two pictures of
you and Lucas.

They are so so precious.