Friday, April 16, 2010

Breast Implant, Breast Reduction, Radiation, Food, Exercise, ChemoPause and Rob's getting better looking!

I got some great advice from other cancer patients and one of the best tips I got was from Lucas' Aunt Liz- PAINT YOUR NAILS! I called Liz when I was bald and not having a good time of it. Liz is a very bubbly upbeat fun person. She suggested I get my nails done and through this whole thing- I kept my nails painted. I was lucky I didn't have any nail side effects- but if I did I wouldn't notice it as much being they were always painted. Plus painting my nails was a real girl thing to have when every thing else was falling away from me.

Well I am going for Last CHEMO Monday and now I will be focusing BIG time on me and my health. I feel my body has taken a blow and I am so lucky that my body handled everything so well. My body is wore out and just plain tired and slow moving. I breath heavy and my legs are week. My arms are heavy and my eyes water a lot.

So I need to start the uphill battle of nursing my body back to health and then shape. I need to definitely eat better and start exercising everyday. During treatment - I couldn't handle exercise or eating better- it was too hard for me and I didn't think it was fair to my body which was working so hard. Everyone is different though and some people exercise and eat good the whole time. In my heart I didn't feel it was fair to my body after not eating that well or exercising so much to put it through chemo and new eating and exercise.

I'm a little scared about being able to get back in shape as I have gone through CHEMO PAUSE- ovaries were shut down due to chemo and caused me to go into menopause. I may come out of it but, once I go on my pills to stop estrogen I will most likely have no more periods. So I'm wondering if this will make it harder for me to lose weight. BUT then I look at my mom who has gone through menopause and she's a bit over 100lbs!


Here we are St. Patrick's Day 2009

Here we are St. Patrick's Day 2010
I have a little work to do - but actually I still see me in there so I will get there!
Gee I think Rob got better looking over the past year ;)


LAST CHEMO APRIL 19th- can't stop thinking about-
Well I have a new surgery date- May 18th
Mammogram on my left breast- April 26th
Tissue Expander Fill- April 26
Pre-Surgery Consent and Testing April 26
Radiation Simulation- June 10th
Radiation to Start- June 14th or June 21

There's a lot going on- and I just want to be SUPER happy for my last chemo!!!
Last Chemo is a big deal- because I am really ready to be done with IV and crap following having those toxins in my system.
I really need to eat better and exercise a lot more. I am hoping that in the 4 weeks before my surgery I can exercise every day and eat better. I am planning on water aerobics 3 days a week and reg aerobics 2 days. I am planning on walking everyday 2 miles. I hope and actually must do this!!!! The 2 mile walk kills me- I love it but I hate the time I spend walking because I think of other things I could be doing. So I think I've come up with some ideas- Listen to a book- the book will have to be motivational or health info. OR I can say my rosary while walking.
Food- I need to just have 2 breakfasts menus- 2-3 lunch menus, and 5 dinner ideas. They have to be easy and organic.
I will do this type of eating until I understand what I really need to eat and get better at fitting in all I need to stay cancer-free

What I learned in my reading is that supplements are not nearly as good as getting them from our food. I was a big supplement taker an now I will only get my vitamins and minerals from food. I will continue take my vitamin D till I do more research- on testing my level of D and how to increase it. Vitamin D is very important for women and we usually lack it. Also need to research the Vitamin B - type and amount.

I want to eat the NEW Food Groups:
Grains
Legumes
Vegetables
Fruit


I'm still reading The China Study and Breaking the Food Seduction- the following clip is from the author of Food Seduction- (it's long)



I'm really setting high expectations- I am the personality type that needs to do something every day or I don't do it. The problem I will run into is burning out. I need to learn to be easier on myself when I miss a day or eat a piece a chocolate- the important thing is that I do as much of this healthy lifestyle I can.
I have been vegan once before in my life and I hope to do it again. It will be hard but now it's a matter of fighting cancer. I need to make my body a place where cancer cells don't feel welcomed.
Here's a great simple snack- instead of just a plain old apple:



4 comments:

Five Peas in Our Pod said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. I'm not even sure about saying that- because I don't enjoy reading about what you're going through.. but your inspiration is contagious. I could see us being friends.. have you heard of Dr Wayne Dyer? He's very motivational. I think you would enjoy listening to him on your 2 mile walk.
Your last post about getting supplements from food, not pills is right on. We're vegetarian and there are so many different ways to get what you need through the food you eat. We do take vitamin C and the kids take an Omega mix, but just as a booster.
Looking forward to following your journey, courageous fight and victorious victory in the end.
Blessings to you and your family.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Yay - you are almost done with chemo. That is soooooo great! I am so happy for you!

I think that picture of the two of you on St. Patrick's Day is so cute. You look WONDERFUL - so pretty!

I am thinking about you every day and rooting for you. Sending you lots of love over the miles.

XOOX
Jen

Danielle said...

Thank you JenJen!
Thank you Five Peas- I will take note of Wayne Dyer- thanks for that.
Thanks you guys for the prayers!

Gynecomastia said...

Good thing there are now procedures, which are proven to be safe in removing those unwanted fats.