Saturday, April 10, 2010

What a great day!

I had a great day going into to do some work today. Some paperwork came out pretty good!
I was so happy!
Then I went to one of my parent's stores and they were excited to show me the new PINK BUCKETS!!! For every PINK bucket sold KFC will donate .50 to Susan G Komen Foundation!
gee- i never wanted to put my picture bald on here- especially with no make-up
I was just so happy!
Please buy a bucket!


My beautiful brother entered my name- I LOVE MY BROTHER
There she is 1 in 8 Danielle Podrazil

HAD 2nd Opinion on Radiation....well she suggested more rads than the other doc. Well- I need to look at the benefit of radiation on my arm and compare it to the risk of getting lymphedema. Right now I'm thinking I just want radiation to my breast and NONE to my collar bone and arm. Gee it's so hard to make a decision- NOT to get something because I'm fighting to beat this. Also I'm scared to leave Sloan and having radiation there will be hard on my family. And I think what if I get cancer again and then we will have done all that and I don't really gain anything or die. It sucks. I only have thoughts of not making it when I'm on the pc and I read discussion boards and I come across something like this "Crap it's hospice for me" that was written by a mom 47! I hate this cancer. I need to be so thankful! We all need to be so thankful. That mom was gone in 2 months of that post.


Well onto something great- After that second opinion I was so confused and scared. I went to healing mass with mom and I prayed for some help with making a decision.


Like I said before my situation was a little rare- 1 node positive with micro cells. Well I searched and searched on my pc and I found a girl with 1 node positive with micro cells!!! How crazy is that. I was lucky enough to be able to send her a private message and she wrote me back!!! Guess what? Her dad is a radiation oncologist! Yes- how blessed am I? She confirmed what I thought- the risks of getting lymphedema were greater than the benefit of rads to my arm- because they took all the other nodes out and they were negative. She had 21 nodes- I had 14. She ended her message to me with BLESSINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Think there's not a GOD think again!

Well here are some things I'm loving



Carolyn Lynn Calter






Chanel temp. tats! How cute- I think Sarah Jessica P. wore these

I need one of these in my back yard
thanks MSN Style


NICE
thanks debutnewyorkblogspot



DREAMY Summer NIGHTS


OLD TIME Dressing
thanks MSN STYLE
Still working on my radiation set-up. It's good I know I will get radiation. Nothing else has changed with prognosis- this all part of an insurance policy and peace of mind for us. I had some skin involvement so we just want to make sure there is nothing left to cause problems.
Monday we are going to NY to meet with my plastic surgeon to discuss my implant. My surgeon wants my implant in before I start radiation so that surgery will probably move up to the end of May.
Last chemo APRIL 19th!!!!! Wait till you see my last bracelet from Kyle- Krista and the girls! Will I get my bear- stay tuned.LOL
Hey Krista - I got to see Kyle on his last visit here and we hugged! LOL you've got a great hubby. Love you guys.
Sometime after my last chemo and before my surgery I'm dreaming of meeting some girls out for frozen dacaries!!!! YUM
I want to be a girl again! You seen the picture- I could pass as an old man. The other day I didn't wear my wig and some guy said to Lucas and I "Hi- boys" Oh brother.
ANYONE IN?
LOVE YOU

6 comments:

Sista B said...

Hey D, I'm catching up on your blog eventhough it makes me dizzy -LOL! Your brother is so thoughtful for doing that for you. And you've got the cutest little bald head. You've come so far from where you've started and you'll be done with your last treatment in week! Woo Hoo! I know you've had to make so many tough decisions and fight through so many days of not feeling like yourself. But you're coming back, just as Spring has. Cheers to greener tomorrows and daiquiri's - I'm in! We continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Virtual hugs! Love B-dizzy :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

How cool that our name is on that bucket Danielle! Yay -- you are almost done with chemo! That is awesome!!!

I've been thinking about you. I am glad you got some peace about your radiation decisions. That is great!

XOXOX
Jen

amy D said...

Hi!!!

Love that you are on the bucket and that KFC is giving back. I am going to get some KFC in your honor:)

D- you look so great in the picture and I am so proud of you for muttering up the courage to post it.

Love ya

Danielle said...

thanks you guys!!! You are too sweet.

Anonymous said...

Yeah KFC is more likely to actually be the cause instead of "helping the cause"

This kind of 'pinkwashing' makes me sick. Komen Foundation really jumped the shark on this one as far as I'm concerned.

Danielle said...

Anonymous-
I love my KFC and always will! Nobody knows what causes cancer, but it a bucket of chicken makes this girl happy I say - Good for her- and if they are giving a portion to cancer research- double good for her. Thanks to KFC the company I work for I have wonderful insurance plan and was able to get the cancer treatment I wanted, where I want it. Nothing in life is perfect- BUT LIFE is GOOD and most tried to do good! Don't be sick- be happy - I know it's hard but we have to try.