Thursday, March 22, 2012

Dream Kitchen

Way before pinterest.....I used to copy pictures to a folder and way before that I started cutting out pictures and saving them......that was after one of my best friends showed me a notebook she had of all the beautiful things she liked and would hope to have some day in her house.  I definitely wasn't at good at it as her - but I tried.

Anyways- I did always keep this one folder with "Dream Kitchen".  It's funny to look back at what I've liked.  This kitchen is still a dream kitchen, but not something I will ever have as it is something that would be beautiful in an older home.  I do still however adore this kitchen.
I seen it in a movie and never forgot it!


Here are some pics I came across in a folder on my computer....

I loved the glass back splash





Yes I dig white and silver

I am a sucker for yellow and nice big windows for the SUN to shine in

I like this one because of all the natural material used...stone and wood.

Now this monster of a home has a couple things I adore for a kitchen and eating area

A very interesting eating area that can be like eating with nature


And a wonderful view of beautiful trees



And now some pins I've pinned

I love the tin ceiling and really love the built in dog dishes....gotta love DOG lovers!! 



Another stunning outdoor eating area

I thought the contrast in colors was appealing in this kitchen


And how about this beauty........................it's almost an updated version of my "Dream Kitchen"


Sometimes it's hard for me to know what I really like- because I like so much.  If I had to really come up with a couple of things I wanted for a kitchen it would be that the kitchen isn't closed off from a living or eating area......and that the kitchen can lead to outside or at the very least have beautiful windows. 
I want it to be a place where it's comfortable to hang out and cook. 
oh and a gas stove...lol. ;)

No comments: