Monday, March 1, 2010

I can't accept it I just can't accept it

Some days are harder than others. Sometimes I can't believe I'm a cancer patient. I really just can't believe it. I hate it. It's so hard to see pictures of myself before all this because I will never live like that again. I'm afraid now. The old pictures of me I was clueless. I didn't really think about what time I had left. Now I worry about thinking too far ahead. It hurts so bad at times.


Now this isn't always and probably not most of the time, but it comes and goes. I wonder if and when I'll will ever not be a cancer patient. I don't think I usually feel sorry for myself. It's Lucas that makes me sad. The thought of leaving him and hurting him kills me.

But I am so blessed with my cancer. There are many moms out there having to face saying good bye to their children and that is every mom's greatest fear. I hate that young moms die.


I want to fight cancer, but at times I just want to get away from it.

Well this is a downer post.
I feel so bad for feeling so bad sometimes- but I did just read that you have to grieve, be sad, and let the feelings out.

2 comments:

Sista B said...

Oh D, I wish I could take all this away. I too can't believe you are going through this. And it is good to let it out and O.K. to feel the way you do. You have that right. After all, your body is working so hard. Harder than we will ever know. We are all thinking of you, praying for you and here for you if you need us. Hang in there and remember to take things one day at a time.

Love and virtual hugs,
Becky

Amy D said...

Hi Danielle-

I read this post and my heart goes out to you. Wish I knew the rights words or could help relieve you of all this pain. You are right life will never be the same, you are living it through a new mentality. I know happier days are ahead for you and the family, but at the same time don't ever feel bad for having those down days. You are real....and we will all continue to love and support you in the days, and years to come.

Take care-
Love
Amy