Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Today is my 5th Treatment (not really)

Gee I never did post this on the day of my 5th treatment so I added a bit to it and I'm posting it now.

I'm a little nervous about this treatment because it is a different chemo drug than I have been having. It is called Taxol and it will take 3 hour to administer it. I'm not the best one for taking my chemo nicely, I tend to get a little nauseous when it 1st goes in. You hear of chemo being called a poison and it sticks with you.
BUT............I did get a CD by Bernie S. Siegel called Getting Ready. It is to prepare you for surgery, radiation and chemotherapy and it is EXCELLENT! He talks about chemo, surgery and all that as a form of rebirth. He relates the chemo process to labor and delivery and that really seems to help me. Labor was so worth it and now chemo will be too. There is no doubt that I will have to go through some sort of rebirth. I must not fight it anymore I just have to do it.

My mom is going to go with Rob and I this time.

Right now every time I go for treatment I get to see my friend M. M and I shared a hospital room and have become friends. She now has treatments on Monday too so it's really nice. She is stronger and sweeter than me. She's been through more than me and she's always so sweet and smiling. I need to be more like that.

I have received some great cards and gifts this past week. They were so special this week because I had my worse week. When I get back from treatment it's hard at my house. I'm the biggest problem.........I'm mad/I'm sad/depressed. I get in such a hole. So when I received cards from Barbara, Donna and Mary I was so happy. I also rec'd a call from Elsie. Leann and Amber are always checking on me as well as my cousin Faith.

My mom helped out big time.........with groceries and cooking meals and driving, driving and more driving THANK GOD FOR MY MOM! I mean she even went to water aerobics when I asked her and she #1. can't swim and #2. isn't big on water. LOL

Rob's mom made us a huge pot of yummy soup and brought me flowers.

Our friend's daughter made me chemo bracelets. I get to put new bracelet on every time I get a chemo treatment so I'm up to 5 bracelets after today. How sweet is this little girl, she originally offered to cut her hair for me. I'm crying over being bald and here this little 8yr old (at the time) offered to cut her hair off for me to wear!!! What a woman she is going to grow up to be.

I love everyone who prays and supports us! Thanks everyone who takes our calls for help.

One important note.............I had an itch on my right lump/site of future breast!!! How weird is that? It was sort of to the side. I also then had an itch under my skin which was just plain different. It reminded me of the 1st time I felt Lucas move inside me. I haven't had much feeling there so it really freaked me out. It seems to be healing pretty good.

Ok more important things.............It's now Wednesday more than a week from when I originally typed out the above post. My treatment went well, but I still struggle with fear and just plain sick of being sick and tired. I received in the mail from a wonderful woman I met an article on Jewels and LOVED IT! Someday I'll do a whole post on Betty a great woman I met!

My wonderful Aunt and Uncle sent me the most beautiful card that totally said what I hadn't been feeling. Plus they also sent me a St. Theresa Chaplet- how amazing it was to receive a sign from St. Theresa. I love my Aunt and Uncle very much and pray my Uncle will soon get the heart he is waiting for. My uncle is one of the strongest people I know. To talk to my uncle is so comforting because he is so strong and I truly believe he has an in with someone upstairs.

Love this card:



Breast Cancer tip- the aspirin a day is actually really good for fighting breast cancer- Google it or go to BreastCancer.org!

and I really enjoy this Doctor's website: Dr. Christine Horner

Christine vowed to go after her mother's killer- Breast cancer. Her website is very informative.

At least Read her 30TIPS HERE

Always remember they are finding out new things everyday and in her tips she mentions soy.......which I'm not sure it really good for certain breast cancers



Last but not least some pics from the last time Lucas and I turned up the music and fooled around during homework.........................









6 comments:

Sista B said...

What a nice post. I truly believe the power of prayer and SUN! Yes, the sun has been out and everyone is happier here. Winters can be so long. Is the little girl that made your bracelet the one that lives near you? What a sweet girl. I will continue to pray for your health, happiness and strength. Keep feeling the positive energy, it will help you through these difficult times.

Love you!
B

P.S. - We need to go walking next week!

Danielle said...

Walking for sure!!
It was Krista's and Kyle's daughter. She is so sweet.
Miss you SistaB.

Anonymous said...

You are so great! What a great
mom, you make the time to make
great happy memories for Lucas.
This is one of the many little things you do that I have always
admired about you.
You put me to shame!
God bless you and keep you in his
care with Mary and all the angels
and saints.

cpauline said...

Forgot to say I LOVE YOU.

Meg said...

Hi Danielle. Thanks for your comment on my blog! I'm sorry that you are going through cancer too... it's no fun. Chemo is the worst. I have my last treatment on Thursday this week so I'm really excited to have this leg of the journey over. I love the chemo bracelets! What a great idea. Such thoughtful people in the world, it's nice to be the recipient of such kindness and love isn't it? That's what gets us through! Hang in there!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Hi Danielle -
I am sorry you are going through such a rough time. I am keeping you in my prayers.

Will you send me your address? I have a little something I would love to send you.

((hugs))
Jen

{jennifer@hadfields.org}