Sunday, March 7, 2010

A word about my husband

picture taken last year at this time

I feel so bad that we were only married over 10 months when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. That day in the room looking at my tumor and hearing that it was probably cancer was the hardest day of my life and you were there to hug me.

Being there when they took my bandages off and not looking like you seen something horrible when in fact it was very hard to look at.

Being there for the other bad news - 2nd Surgery....that day was almost as hard as the original cancer confirmation.

Being there for the good news of all the other Nodes being negative.

You said you would do whatever it takes to get me through this and you have. Neither one of us realized just how hard it would be. I will never forget the night we sat in the kitchen me with my new body waiting for my drains to be drained and you there waiting to empty the drains. Me crying hysterical "I just wanted to go back" and then you crying with me.

Realizing in the doctor's office that having children was not going to be an option. I can't even speak of the fact I can not have your child. Sitting on our bed and realizing how we both felt emotional watching Natalie on the alter at church being the 1st Sunday since we found out about fertility options.

Driving me to the city for treatment. Being quicker than the nurse at finding me a bucket.

There are many other things like love notes and little gifts and just plain telling me you love me every night any time either one of us is up.

You said you would stay home from work to take care of me and you did. You are my hero. I know you feel so insignificant at times because for the 1st time in a long time you haven't been working, but you have done a job not many would want. But know this- at a time when I thought my life was gone you came in and were MY HERO.

How you knew/know what to do for me I'll never know.

3 comments:

cpauline said...

What a great couple you are.
I wish everyone knew how much
you both care for each other and
are always there for each other.
The both of you compliment each
other more then words can say.
I believe God will watch over you
and take care of you.
God bless you both.
Need I mention all you both do
for Lucas.
It is breath taking!
God bless and protect the 3.

Anonymous said...

Danielle,
I think it is so amazing and commendable how your husband Rob stepped up to be not only your husband but your best friend! Please know many people are thinking about you and praying for your wellness. You seem to be a truly grounded person and an amazing MOM! You are doing everything possible to fight your cancer and it makes me smile!
I just wanted you to know that there are others out here that think of you and you may not know it.
Take care of YOU and your beautiful family!

Danielle said...

Oh Thank you so much!!!!
I could never do it without the help of others!
Love
Danielle