Saturday, February 6, 2010

I cried all the way home from Healing mass

So my church has a healing mass every Monday. I had gone to 2 in the beginning of my diagnosis, but then having to travel to NY it was hard to get there. I enjoyed this mass because I'm friends with one of the women who helps prepare the mass and it's just plain nice going. I also like it because my friend this women prints up scripture sheets for every mass and I use them a lot.

Father gave me a big long hug and then Father, Jeanie, my mom and another gentleman I always see at mass prayed over me and it felt good.

I know I have said it before but it became clear to me again at this healing mass that I was being prepared for healing before I knew I was sick.

I am not of the belief that God causes sickness, but I do believe he intercedes. Bad things just happen naturally, but God steps in at times.

I started to think back to when I met my friend Jeanie about 2 years ago. I was in charge of a booth at our church bazaar and she was a volunteer. The first year I worked with her I thought she was a great lady and the 2nd year (this past summer) I felt she was very strong spiritually (much more than I). Well who would think that later in the year I would be standing in my mom's kitchen (after my - yes it's cancer phone call) and with me was a scripture Jeanie had printed up. When I got the call I was alone with my mom and I knew nothing else to do but pray and I happened to bring a scripture sheet with me that day. I will never forget that day as long as I live and that scripture saved me from totally losing it.

I believe God was preparing me for what was to come. I cried all the way home because I have no idea why I am so blessed, but I feel it in my heart and that is the best feeling ever.

Thank you God for Healing me!!!!!

No comments: