Saturday, October 10, 2009

ok....I'm going to try this

I found out I have breast cancer......................Invasive Ductal Carcinoma.

Rob suggested I get back on my blog because I'm totally stressed out. It's new to me so at times I don't want to talk to people about it because some things they say scare me.

I'm going to make this short.

I am a fighter so I'll fight Breast Cancer. I am so happy for my life and need to look at every day as a HUGE blessing.

I find it hard to cry- It just won't come out of me. Every morning is like waking up to a nightmare.

BUT I've been talking to some amazing women.

I will have a mastectomy within a the month. Does this bother me- No. I don't like when people look at me and cry because it scares me. I will have chemo and that scares people too. It's OK so many women do it every day.
I will be getting a second opinion in NYC, because that is what any person should do when planning for a health issue.
I may look into reconstruction- seems weird to me but hey it's worth a shot.

Gee I'm finally crying typing this blog. I feel so bad for all the women who are struggling.

I've been praying a lot and I love when people pray for me! The Saint I pray to well, there are 2 my little angel St Theresa and my inspiration for patience, St. Peregrine. You can look these Saints up. Wonderful people.

Right now I'm praying for healing and also praying for my nerves to calm down so my body will be in top shape to aid in the healing of itself.

Please continue to pray for me and don't be offended if I can't talk to you. Some days are hard. There is nothing to say except I CAN DO IT.

Examine your own breasts- really good! Check under your nipple and all over. Get mammograms. And if there is something that doesn't feel right - GET it checked. Don't look it up on the internet- GO to your doctor. Thank GOD my doctor found my lump.

Maybe I'll write more another day.

My family has been great.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

If you need anything let me know. I haven't called only because I did not know if you are ready to talk about it and I know you probably have a lot of decisions to make but I am here if you need me. Outlook is everything I have found when taking care of patients with any cancer it really can be the difference between surviving and not. They can do wonderful things with reconstruction now also so do consider that. Love you lots you are like another sister to me. If you need anything please do not hesitate.

Lizzie said...

I obviously haven't read your blog in a while...I am so sorry for what you have been going through. I haven't caught up all the way on your blog yet, but I just had to comment before I finished up (since it might not be until after the baby).

My little sister (25 yrs old) just finished up chemo (she had Hodgkins Lymphoma, stage 3b). She had chemo for 6 months and it was horrible. It looks like you have wonderful friends and family. She said so many times it was the prayers of all of us that strengthened her and she could feel the difference it made. I will be praying for you...for strength, hope and a speedy recovery. Take care.