Saturday, July 3, 2010

Back Home and Outdoor Living

My cute little toms! 
Well Lucas went with me and mom last week and pretty much hated it!   He is definitely an "outdoors" type of kid.  When we arrived at my parent's home he was out of the car before it stopped and he ran like a deer out back towards the woods and laid down on the grass looking up at the sky.  How sweet it is to me back in the "country".  I myself love the city, but I did miss the mountains and outdoors.  I guess I love where I live.

I did walk my 2 miles when I got home after..............kissing Karl to death, reuniting with my hubby once he got home and watering all my plants!

My mom taught me how to root my basil and it was as easy as she said.  I had a bunch of basil die so I am trying to get some going again.  Just clip off some basil and put it in some water and presto- Make some Pesto!


Rob made me planter boxes last year and I this summer I filled those suckers to the rim!!!!!!  I was so happy to see Rob watered my plants while I was gone.





While I was away I enjoyed my my scallions and parsley from my garden.  In the city I made a pot of gazpacho soup and it was yummy.  I think I'll make another this week coming.
2 lg. Toms chopped
1 Cuc peeled and chopped
1 Green Pepper chopped
1 Celery Stalk chopped
2 Green Onions shopped 
1 Avocado chopped
1 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper
2 Tbsp Oil (Olive)
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
2 (12 oz) Cans V8 or Tom Juice
Chives to garnish

Combine 1st 6 Ingredients
Sprinkle with Salt and Pepper

Combine Oil, Vinegar and Tom Juice

Mix with Veggies   
That's the recipe I started with I increased the amounts to make more and it was fine- also I didn't have green onions or I just increased the number of chives I used.  It was yummy.  I would have liked to added a little dab of hot sauce, but I didn't have any.
I really need to get eating my lettuce, brewing some Lemon Balm tea, and maybe enjoying some baked potatoes with chives.  I'm determined to eat all my garden : 9

One thing that is great about living in the northeast is that when summer comes we get to set-up our outdoor living spaces.........we're not spoiled like some other warm locations!  We cuddle all winter and then start shedding our clothes as the spring flowers start showing up.  And eventually we set-up outside for some fun.

Rob being the "think ahead type"  saved some wood a few years back and this year he made a little deck to put our table and chairs on.......




How sweet - He made a wood container out of one of his sealer containers!

My mom in law bought me herbs and I'm trying new recipes- this weekend I'm going to try Lemon Balm tea!

I'm learning to deal with my body and how different it is.  Sometimes I really get down on it- BUT God sent me some wonderful people this week with messages.

I met a woman in the changing room of radiation who loved my hair and told me how not everyone can wear their hair like that, but that my spirit comes through.  That was very sweet of her.  Met a survivor at dinner one night who hugged and encouraged me with her story of survival. 

While at Sloan your eyes see things you'd rather not............children with no hair and IVs.  I hate seeing the children.  I started to see it as a gift to realize my blessings and not feel sorry for myself and also an opportunity to give the gift of prayer to someone who really needs it.

My favorite healing mass is done!  Father G. was given his own parish out of town- God Bless.  I did get a call from a sweet woman Anna from the healing mass and we were able to talk and I will be able to visit father at times when other people like herself make the trip to see him.  Anna made me laugh............she said "God wants something from you Danielle.....don't know what, but I hope it's not just your breast."  Whatever God wants from me I'm happy to serve up with all my heart.

Thank you God for a great week away from home.       

     

No comments: