Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I love Lucas SO much!

Well after having an incident at school with a boy punching Lucas I realize how much I love this kid. I couldn't even sleep just thinking about someone hitting him.

I don't think there is anything worse than dealing with someone hurting you child. It's wasn't major, but I know it was to Lucas. He handled himself well, but honestly I would rather him knock the kid in the mouth. That's bad right? Well it would have been wrong. The stronger more intelligent thing to do was walk away and tell. The only problem I have with this is when you are small you kinda have to have some sort of attitude. It stinks being called squirt! I used to hate being small so for a boy it's probably really hard. This is the age when boys are "showing who's boss."

I'm not used to this boy stuff.

Lucas really wants to fight back and yeah isn't that the natural thing boys do? It's a toss up for me. I ended up saying that if he is in a situation YOU MUST protect yourself! After that get away and tell.

Lucas is really getting big. :(

This morning was Day 2 of contacts for Lucas and it was harder to put them in today than yesterday. Poor kid even shed some tears. I hugged and hugged him and finally he got them in. Lately he's been more my buddy.

He has even offered to get up at 5am to work out with me. We used to be closer b/c we had to help eachother more when we were on our own. Now with Rob in our life it's less loads to carry. Usually it's Rob and Lucas against little ol me! Lucas isn't always just stuck with me.

Sometimes Lucas looks so innocent


He will have my heart forever!



Right now Lucas is playing Lacrosse and really loving it. He's realizing that sometimes there is nothing you can do but your best and that doesn't mean you will be the best on the team. AND THAT"S OK!


My favorite thing this school year.....

When the school library was getting rid of old books Lucas brought me this present home:

Ok- Yes it's a classic
But Lucas picked it because it was a 1969 reprint


I was born in 1969! How sweet




No comments: