Thursday, February 4, 2010

You guys

So Sunday was my 1st time at church with my wig and I wasn't too happy about it. I'd have to say I was a real brat about it. I practically bit Rob's head off on the way because I felt like he was driving too slow.

We arrived early and I went up to say a prayer by the Blessed Mother. When I went to get up and go to my seat I seen my pastor and he was smiling and calling me over. Then he asked if I had a minute and as I'm following him I notice Rob walking back to his seat and I think that Rob he wen and told Father!

My pastor and he called me into the little room and asked to me to have a seat in the big red velvet chair. He asked how I was doing and told me I looked good and we chatted about chemo, eating and prayer. I finally just spilled that I was having a hard time with my wig- because I have a feeling he already knew. So he simply said to me "You know what- in the scheme of things Danielle the wig doesn't matter". Well how true is that. H E L L O Danielle- how quick I forget how lucky I am!!!
He gave me a big hug and said they will continue to pray for me and that was that.

I went back to my seat and felt better.

I'm lucky to have Rob and my pastor. It was nice of Rob to talk to Father even though at first I thought I wanted to kill him. Rob knows me and he knew that Father would help me. I'm glad Rob feels comfortable talking to our pastor. I don't know what I would do with out these 2!

Rob and Father on the night of his confirmation.

1 comment:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a sweet guy. He loves you so much! And what a nice pastor you have to care about you so much!

((Hugs))
Jen