Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Aug 6 De-clutter- not feeling it

Well today was a tough day to de-clutter.  I did do it and it was nice to get rid of some magazines and more jewelry.

I'm realizing that when you aren't feeling de-cluttering you probably shouldn't do it.  What seems to happen to me when I force it is one of two things  - I get rid of something I didn't want or I keep something I really didn't need or really want to keep.  It was funny because when I was getting rid of my magazines I do always browse the cover to see if there is any article I still may want to read or keep.  Well don't you know there was an article on sentimental de-clutter!  This is just what I need to read because in my bedroom as I get closer to being done I'm coming up on some very sentimental items and I'm not too sure how to cope or deal with them.  It will be O.K. I'm sure, but I'm just not ready yet.

It's been busy for me trying to do this de-clutter and my living room looks a wreck.  Also the food co-op arrived and I have a ton of fruits and vegetables I need to get cracking on.  I wish I could de-clutter my fridge.  Refrigerators just aren't big enough for people trying to eat more fruits and veggies- no way no way.  I'm thinking I need to start looking on Craigslist for fridges.

Anyway- I somehow have an over abundance of sweet potatoes.  I'm searching for recipes and found this on whfoods.org.

Seven Minute Sweet Potatoes
Add this easy-to-prepare, great tasting recipe to your Healthiest Way of Eating, and you will also be provided with 681% of the Daily Value for health-promoting vitamin A

Prep and Cook Time: 7 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb sweet potatoes, diced (if organic, do not peel)
  • 2 cloves chopped or press garlic
  • Sea salt and pepper to taste
  • 3 TBS extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 TBS ground pumpkin seeds
  • 2 TB fresh chopped rosemary
  • Optional:
  • 1/2 onion slice (cook with the sweet potatoes)
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 tsp ground cloves

I'll see how it goes


2 comments:

AmyD said...

Hi just read through all your previous blogs on decluttering....great job!! You got rid of a lot. I am impressed that you started with your personal items as for me they are the hardest because they are my girlie items! Loving the fresh flowers. I tooo bring flowers home to myself once a week. In fact when I went to the local farm stand yesterday she had fresh cut sunflowers and a variety bouquet from her gardens. It is my absolute favorite! Keep up the great work on decluttering!

Danielle said...

Thanks Amy!